12 January 2012

Mettanoia - 2013 Act 1

As of the beginning of 2012 I will begin focusing my attention on my new tumblr blog on the hidden path and will most likely discontinue writing music reviews here. I may occasionally post my own mixes here, but in any case I will link to them from my new blog. if you are interested in my links to various philosophical, spiritual, and consciousness-expanding thoughts and ideas, may I humbly suggest subscribing to the new feed. This blog will remain open for browsing as long as Blogger allows it, and as always, feel free to follow my Google +1's and twitter feed for more music recommendations and various other rantings.
For now I leave my hiddenplace music readers with this release from my favorite netlabel of the year, Ektoplazm:
Mettanoia - 2013 Act 1, the first part of a planned seven-part "psychedelic play." it features bewildering trippy atmospheres and dense, heavy psytrance beats with lots of samples relating to 2012 and the end of the world(?) including this one, from the film Waking Life: "Things have been tough lately for dreamers. They say dreaming is dead, no one does it anymore. It's not dead it's just that it's been forgotten, removed from our language. Nobody teaches it so nobody knows it exists. The dreamer is banished to obscurity. Well, I'm trying to change all that, and I hope you are too. By dreaming, every day. Dreaming with our hands and dreaming with our minds. Our planet is facing the greatest problems it's ever faced, ever. So whatever you do, don't be bored, this is absolutely the most exciting time we could have possibly hoped to be alive. And things are just starting..."

No comments: